Buried at the bottom of a recent ‘blog entry I posted a bounty for a pure-java screencasting solution. I decided to repost it here, as a top level item, so that perhaps it will get noticed by more people. It might not be as sexy as google’s bounties, but I’m not a multi-billion dollar business, either. I’m also calling for other individuals
who might like to join in on funding the bounty, to increase it. email@example.com is the way to reach me– put “bounty”
in the subject line (I don’t think I can cope with micro-increases to the bounty. US $50 increments)
- US $300 bounty, expires Dec 31st, 2005.
- Provide an open-source, pure Java implementation which allows one to build screencasts on a variety of platforms (minimally: Solaris, Linux, MacOS)
- This means recording from VNC to SWF; then allowing edits, including deletion of specific frames and audio attachments in mp3 or wav format with some “attach at frame #x” controls.
- Please be able to deliver it all in a single jar archive.
- Clear and readable documentation.
I presume this wouldn’t actually be to hard given the fact java-based VNC clients and Java-based SWF processing tools are all available already.
I’m still working on my first screencast. Sorry for the delay!.
Technorati Tag: Screencast